Round Tail Light Conversion Kit for Jeep JL w/o Sensors
Motobilt has developed the first aftermarket steel replacement tail light for the Jeep JL Wrangler 2dr and 4 dr. The problem with the factory tail lights when off-roading is they extend from the Jeep JL body and can contact trees and rocks damaging them. Motobilt came up with a solution to remove the large factory plastic tail light housing and replace it with a tight fitting steel alternative. Factory Jeep JL tail lights extend up to 2-1/2" out from the JL body making the factory tail lights vulnerable to trail damage. Our solution does not extend out. This is a benefit to allow obstructions on the trail to slide down the side of the body and not “hook” the plastic tail light housing.
The Motobilt MB5521 JL Round Tail Light Conversion Kit not only solves the big extended issue the kit also changes up the styling a little on your Jeep JL.
The multi-part assembly allows the installer to paint the pieces in a color combination that compliments the theme of their Jeep build. This kit allows you use choose between two different types of round tail lights - Surface Mounted or Grommet style. You can install any standard 4" Round Grommet Style tail light. You can also choose to install surface mounted LED tail lights from Offroad Only or Max-Bilt. The kit includes two different mounting plates to use with either grommet or surface mount tail lights. This kit does NOT include the tail lights.
We include two (2) smaller 3/4” round openings in the side our metal housing for you install a pair of LED grommet style Side Marker Trailer Lights (2 per side, 4 total, sold separately.
The kit is constructed of 14 GA steel for durability. All parts are shipped bare metal & can be painted our powder coated to your choice of colors.
INCLUDED IN THE KIT:
- Driver and Passenger side tail light conversion assemblies
- QTY: 2 grommet style tail light mounting plates
- QTY: 2 surface mount tail light mounting plates
- Stainless steel hardware
- Instructions will be uploaded soon.
- Installation is quick and easy.
- Drilling is required to install some interior support brackets.
- No drilling is required on the exterior of the body.
- You can reinstall your factory tail light housings if desired.
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THE KIT:
- THIS KIT WILL NOT WORK WITH JEEPS EQUIPPED WITH BLIND SPOT MONITORS.
- THIS KIT DOES NOT INCLUDE TAIL LIGHTS OR SIDE MARKER LIGHTS. BUY HERE
- THE PARTS ARE SHIPPED BARE STEEL AND REQUIRE PAINT.
- NO EXTERIOR MODIFICATIONS ARE REQUIRED AND FACTORY TAIL LIGHTS CAN BE REINSTALLED.