TeraFlex Wide Front Tera44 TF44 Replacement Axle Housings include a heavy-duty housing with axle tubes, bracketry, and forged inner knuckles, pre-installed inner seals and upper control arm bushings as well as ARB air locker, choice of Spicer ring and pinion gear ratio, Spicer bearings and install kits, TeraFlex heavy-duty ball joints, and factory yoke.
Simply swap over axle shafts, outer knuckles, outer axle assembly, unit bearings, brakes and sensors. The comprehensive assembly makes swapping axle housings a true DIY process!
These heavy-duty JK/JKU Front Tera44 R44 Rubicon Replacement Axle Housings are perfect for replacing bent, broken, or damaged front axles in JK Wrangler/JKU Wrangler Unlimited models including Rubicon vehicles. Can also be used as a direct bolt-on upgrade for JK/JKU owners looking to beef up the front axle's weak areas.
- SKU: 35434884
- Lift Height: 4-6 Inches
- Width: 70 Inches WMS-WMS (Wide)
- Axle Tube: 3.25 Inch x 0.5 Inch
- Ring and Pinion: 4.88
- JK Wrangler (2-door) - front
- JKU Wrangler Unlimited (4-door) - front
- ARB air locker
- Spicer ring and pinion - 4.88
- Spicer bearings and install kits
- TeraFlex HD ball joints
- Factory yoke
- Sold As An Assembly
Features and Benefits:
- 3.25 Inch O.D. x 0.5 inch wall extreme duty axle tube increases strength to resist bending and torsion
- Pre-installed inner axle seals
- Forged HD inner knuckles w/ greater upper and lower section strength
- Ductile cast iron housing w/ increased rib gussets
- HD ductile iron differential cover
- Asymmetric housing design, for extra-long tube side strength
- Smooth radius bottom design to glide over rocks and obstacles
- Integrated lower flexarm skid plates
- Bottom oil drain hole for simple fluid changes
- Premium UV protected triple-stage powder coat process for superior corrosion resistance
- 1/4 inch thick CNC laser cut axle brackets for extreme strength
- Integrated factory location upper control arm mount
- Pre-installed upper control arm bushings
- Reinforced front track bar mount (ties into spring pad) for greater strength
- Proper pinion angle for lifted JK applications
- Pre-tapped hole on spring perch for bump stop extensions
- Pre-drilled holes for limit straps and lower spring retainers
- Retains all JK/JKU ESP, ABS, and speedometer sensor capability
- 100 percent engineered, designed, and built in the USA
- 100 percent new components
- 1-Year / Unlimited Mileage Warranty
- The TF44 axle is designed to work with non-Rubicon Dana 44 lockers. Please consult the Tera44 axle flow chart prior to placing your order.
Requirements and Recommendations:
- Below is a list of Requirements and Recommendations for TeraFlex axle housings as budget and build preference allows.
Control Arm Upgrade:
- 4-6 Inch Lift: This much lift Requires adjustable flexarms for caster angle adjustments.
- Front upper (P/N 1415520) and front lower (P/N 1415500) TeraFlex Adjustable Alpine Flexarms will work w/ 2.5-4 inch lifts.
- Front upper (P/N 1315520) and front lower (P/N 1315500) TeraFlex Adjustable Alpine Long Flexarms will work w/ 3-6 inch lifts.
Inner Axle Shaft Upgrade:
- 0-6 Inch Lift: Requires aftermarket inner axle shafts to handle the additional power. TeraFlex offers 34.19 inch passenger side axles (P/N 304136) and 19.11 inch driver side axles (P/N 304120). These shafts Must be used w/ 2013-2017 JK axle U-joint.
Axle Stub Upgrade:
- 0-6 Inch Lift: High-quality aftermarket chromoly stubs are recommended, though the stock 2013-2017 JK/JKU outer axle stubs can be (re)used.
- Axle Shaft Tube Seal Upgrade:
- 0-6 Inch Lift: Get serious with HD 0.5 inch wall seals (P/N 4354050) or keep it real with standard 0.25 inch wall seals (P/N 4354025). Stock seals may also be reused.
Steering System Upgrade:
- 4-6 Inch Lift: Get the optimal set up w/ the Complete High Steer System w/ HD Tie Rod and Drag Link Flip Kit (P/N 4391000) or save a little w/ the HD Tie Rod and Flipped Drag Link Kit (P/N 1853905). For tighter budgets, the High Steer Knuckle Kit (P/N 4390879) will provide the necessary steer height w/ your stock steering components. The factory steering system may also be reused.
- 0-6 Inch Lift: Experience a notable difference w/ a TeraFlex Big Brake Kit (P/N 4303400 or P/N 4303420) or Big Rotor Kit (P/N 4303480 or P/N 4303490)
- Install Time: 6 Hours
- This is a very heavy item and must be shipped by freight truck